Tucson Festival of Books 2021
We are looking forward to our 2021 Tucson Festival of Books event.
In the meanwhile, we suggest visiting the Worlds of Words Imagination Fridays hosted by TFOB, every Friday from 1-1:40 PM on Zoom.
Meeting an author/illustrator is transformational for children as readers. Watching children’s excitement in meeting the creator of a well-loved book or finding a new favorite has always been one of the most rewarding aspects of the Tucson Festival of Books. Worlds of Words at the University of Arizona is partnering with the festival to present a weekly talk with authors. These presentations, occurring every Friday at 1:00 pm, will be available virtually for both classrooms and children at home and will run weekly from September to December 2020 as our local schools meet on-line.
- September 18 — Jon Scieszka and Stephen Weinberg, AstroNuts series
- September 25 — Rashin Kheriyeh, Bahar, the Lucky, Iranian folktale, picturebook
- October 2 — David Bowles and Charlene Bowles, Rise of the Halfling King, Mexican folktale, graphic novel
- October 9 — Adam Rex, On Account of Gum, picturebook
- October 16 — Christina Soontornvat, All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys’ Soccer Team, nonfiction
- October 23 — Sherri Duskey Rinker, Construction Site Mission: Demolition!, picturebook
- October 30 — Michael Rex, We’re Going on a Goon Hunt, picturebook