Fire ecology, fire climatology, quaking aspen ecology, and applications of these fields to natural resource management.
- Historical fire-climate relationships of upper elevation forests, southwestern U.S.
- Post-fire quaking aspen regeneration – Lassen NP, CA
- Fire history and streamflow recosntructions, Santa Fe Watershed, NM
- Age and spatial structure of frequently burned Ponderosa pine forests, Gila, NM
- Forest structure and fire history at the PJ/Ponderosa ecotone, Rowe Mesa, NM
- Tree-ring corroboration of modeled NPP, Santa Fe Watershed, NM
- Tree-ring reconstruction of Jemez Mountain Salamander habitat, Jemez Mtns, NM